Tuesday, July 8, 2008


Hi there! Okay, so I started this one day a month or so ago and haven't done anything to it since. Things are busy as usual around here, but I'll give a brief summary of the past month's events:
1. I was offered a job in Reading as their 8th grade English Teacher.
2. Liam keeps growing! He "talks," belly laughs, and likes to hang out on his side.
3. We have found "the" day care for Liam to attend this fall after Mommy went to a bunch and wondered if she'd ever find one she liked enough.
4. Joe and his dad installed a new sink in the kitchen - YIPEEEE! I am thrilled!!!!!
5. We had a belated anniversary/1st family trip to Ogunquit, ME and had a blast.
6. Daddy actually (finally) tackled not one but TWO "dirty" diapers - independently - WOW ;-p
7. Liam keeps on growing! He just rolled over and back again 7/7/08 and cracks himself up!
8. Mommy is back at the gym 3-4 days/week, but not able to keep up with her pre-Liam pace of running four 5 Ks/week just yet. It just feels good to be back there, though. I'm doing 2 miles per run and strength training. Hopefully I'll get my running form back soon enough. Liam loves his Cedardale care-givers, too. He has so much fun there!
9. Liam's baptism is 7/13/08 - So big so fast!
10. I have my all-day MTEL 7/19 and then hope to re-join the land of the living and enjoy my summer more :-) Wish me luck!!!
Joe and I are amazed every day at how much Liam has changed and how much we have changed. He is such a wonderful baby and really a blessing. Joe is really enjoying his time after work when the two of them "hang out" so I can make dinner. Liam thinks Daddy is a riot and is always laughing and reacting to him. It is so cool to see! We love our little man and couldn't be happier these days. It may have been a long, tough road to get here, but I have a hard time remembering all of that these days. Now I know this was the plan all along...

2 comments:

katkno said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable and don't you just love to hear them laugh!! I am so happy for you!! Katie is 8 mths. now and we too love watching her explore and making her laugh! My sister has 4 kids so they keep her very entertained! Love the blog idea and don't be mad if I copy your idea! Oh, did you start a cookie business? How is that going? My brother in law is in Kosovo...you don't ship there do you? Talk to you soon.

Carolyn Knobloch (Cunningham)

mamasdope said...

What a great idea! Thanks Shannon!
Can you post how old he is in your updates? From the look of it he's about 3 years old! What are you feeding that child?? LOL!!!!!
I can't wait to kiss his pudgy little cheeeeks!!

-Love, Ginny