Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh no!!! My knee!!!

Well, I apparently wasn't ready to up the workout and have re-injured my IT Band - Grrrr! I start my PT tomorrow to try and get it ready for tennis and at least other exercise. Maybe running will have to be a 1-mile warm up thing for longer than I thought. As it is I require heat before and ice after and have been told I need a brace (bummer). While disappointing, I really have to remind myself that being active at all is a gift that not too many years ago I was praying for. My back feels great (other than the normal mommy aches from lifting our beefcake baby) and I am holding on to the knowledge that I can do other things for now that will make me feel physically fit and able to keep up with our growing boy.

I am still doing my marathon walk but am now up in the air about my 5K and my 7-mile Falmouth run next month....I wonder if they allow walkers??

No comments: